Last Updated: 31/10/2023
Blanco Brussel (hereinafter “We” or “Us”), an unincorporated association registered at 8 Rue Charles Martel, 1000 Brussels, in Belgium, is committed to complying with applicable data protection regulations including Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data (the “GDPR”) as well as the Belgian law of 30 July 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data (collectively referred to as “Applicable Regulations”).
- Who is responsible for processing your personal data?
Blanco Brussel is the controller of your personal data:
8 Rue Charles Martel,
We have appointed a Data Protection Officer/Chief Data Officer to act as a single point of contact within our organization:
Louis Vanheurck de Tornaco
- What personal data do we collect about you?
Over the course of our interactions, we may collect and process certain personal information about you. This information includes:
- Your name, surname;
- Your date of birth;
- Your email address;
- Your mobile phone number;
- Your address and postal code;
- How you use our website;
- Your website and browser preferences.
Please note that in exceptional cases, we may also collect and process sensitive personal data about you (such as your political opinions), but only where we inform you in advance and provided you have given us your explicit consent.
- How and why do we use your personal data?
We collect and use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To contact you and inform you about our activities, per email or via newsletters and/or any other communication means (i.e., to inform you about objectives achieved by us, actions taken, etc.);
- To respond to any questions or concerns you have raised;
- To deal with administrative matters;
We will not use your personal data for any other unrelated purposes unless we are required to do so by law.
- Where do we collect personal data about you?
We may collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide to us;
- From an agent or third party acting on your behalf (such as a data provider who collected information from you directly or indirectly);
- Through publicly available sources, such as LinkedIn;
- On what basis is your personal data processed?
We process your personal data:
- On the basis of your consent to the processing of your personal data for certain specific purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time.
- As this is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interest related to petition management and combating attempts of multiple signatures in the context of petition, forms, and questionnaires management. We only rely on our legitimate interests to process your personal data provided they are not override by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
If you would like further information about our justifications for processing your personal data, including our legitimate interests, please contact us using the following details:
8 Rue Charles Martel,
- Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Personal data is accessible only by our authorized teams, based on their role in processing these data. They are subject to an obligation of confidentiality and are informed about the processing of personal data.
They may also be disclosed to some of our service providers, only when such disclosure is necessary for the execution of their services (notably, for example, to the company Dolphins SAS, which through its platform Qomon, allows the creation and online hosting of Forms, and the email sending tool Brevo), provided that they offer the necessary guarantees for the security and confidentiality of your data.
Finally, we may be required to transmit personal data upon request by judicial authorities or, more generally, if a legal or regulatory provision requires us to do so.
- Are personal data transfers outside the European Economic Area made?
No transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) is carried out. If we or our service providers transfer personal data, where relevant, outside the EEA, we will always require that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect the information that is transferred.
- How long do we retain your personal data?
Your personal data is retained in accordance with Applicable Regulations for a period that does not exceed the time necessary for the purposes for which they are collected and processed, and/or for the duration necessary to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations.
- How do we secure your personal data?
We implement appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal data we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal data. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
What are your rights? How to exercise them?
In accordance with Applicable Regulations, you have the following rights regarding the processing we carry out:
- Right to be informed: you have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we process your personal data;
- Right of access: you have the right to obtain access to the personal data we process about you and to receive; subject to certain exemptions, a copy of the information we hold about you;
- Right of rectification: you have the right to request the modification or correction of your inaccurate or incomplete personal data.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data if there is no compelling reason for us to continue their processing, with the exception, notably, of data necessary for the performance of a legal obligation.
- Right to restriction: you have the right to request the limitation of processing in case you contest the accuracy of the data or oppose their processing during the processing of your request.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to receive the personal data we have about you in a usable electronic format and to request that we transmit it to another third party.
- Right to withdraw consent: if you have given your consent to us processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that if you do so, it does not mean that any processing of your personal data with your consent up to that point will be considered unlawful.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection authority.
To exercise any of the rights above, or to ask a question, please contact us using the following details:
8 Rue Charles Martel,
In this regard, we kindly request you to accompany your request with the necessary elements for your identification and any other information required to confirm your identity.